Product Description & Reviews
This beautiful blade is custom-made from high quality 1095 steel. 1095 is a high carbon steel (not a stainless steel) and is commonly used in heavy duty tools. It can carry an extremely sharp edge. 1095 makes great steel for heavy duty choppers and survival knives because of its extreme durability and resistance to chipping, easy sharpening and edge retention. It is much tougher than premium stainless steels. Because it is a high carbon steel, it is very important to keep it clean and oiled. Take extra care to store a knife made of 1095 out of its sheath (this is a good idea for all knives) and keep a thin layer of lubricant on the exposed steel (non-black powder coated portions). This knife blank is custom designed by us and 100% hand-forged.
Features & Highlights
- 1095 High Carbon Steel Curved Upswept Knife Blank Blade Hunting Skinning Skinner 1095HC
- Dimensions: 7.25 inches Approximate Overall Length, 3.25 inches Approximate Cutting Edge Length, 3.75 inches Approximate Handle Length, 1.5 inches Widest Part of Blade, 1.125 inches Widest Part of Handle, Approximately 4mm Thick (1/8 inch)
- High quality 1095HC (high carbon) steel construction.
- Blade comes sharpened. A final edge may be applied for an even sharper razor edge.
- High carbon steel has extreme durability, resistance to chipping, easy sharpening and high edge retention.
|Manufacturer:||Whole Earth Supply|
|Brand:||Whole Earth Supply|
|Publisher:||Whole Earth Supply|
|Studio:||Whole Earth Supply|
|Item Weight:||0.08 pounds|
|Package Weight:||0.25 pounds|
|Package Size:||1.9 x 0.2 x 0.2 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
sku: 155246, mpn: BB15NE10CT, ean: 0648018155246,
sku: BH15NE10BK, mpn: BBNE10BK, ean: 0648018029585,