1095 High Carbon Steel Traditional Tanto Knife Blank Blade Hunting Skinning Skinner 1095HC Black Powder Coated
Super Savings Item! Free Shipping Included! Save 31% on the 1095 High Carbon Steel Traditional Tanto Knife Blank Blade Hunting Skinning Skinner 1095HC Black Powder Coated by Whole Earth Supply at TA Fisa Games 2016. MPN: A-BLANK-01-1095-BLACK. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. This beautiful blade is handmade from high quality 1095 steel with a hardened (baked-on) black powder epoxy coating to provide additional corrosion
1095 is a high carbon steel (not a stainless steel) and is commonly used in heavy duty tools. It can carry an extremely sharp edge. 1095 makes great steel for heavy duty choppers and survival knives because of its extreme durability and resistance to chipping, easy sharpening and edge retention. It is much tougher than premium stainless steels. Because it is a high carbon steel, it is very important to keep it clean and oiled. Take extra care to store a knife made of 1095 out of any leather cases (this is a good idea for all knives) and keep a thin layer of lubricant on the exposed (non-black powder coated portions of the) steel.
This knife blank is custom designed by us and 100% hand-forged.
Black Powder Coated Traditional Tanto Blade Style
9.0 inches Approximate Overall Length
5.0 inches Approximate Cutting Edge Length
Slightly upswept curve to blade and handle
3.75 inches Approximate Handle Length
1.0 inch Widest Part of Blade
1.0 inches Widest Part of Handle
4mm (1/8 inch) Thick Approximately
Steel Construction: 1095 high carbon steel with black powder coating on the outside (for protection against rust)
Blade comes sharpened. A final edge may be applied for an even sharper razor edge.
This is a stock photo of the item. It is not the exact blank you will receive. Each item may vary and measurements may vary as each blank is custom hand-made.
Features & Highlights
- 1095 High Carbon Steel Drop Point Knife Blank Blade Hunting Skinning Skinner 1095HC Black Powder Coated
- Dimensions: 9 inches Approximate Overall Length, 4.375 inches Approximate Blade Length, 4.375 inches Approximate Handle Length, 1.25 inches Widest Part of Blade, 1.25 inches Widest Part of Handle, Approximately 4mm Thick (1/8 inch)
- High quality 1095HC (high carbon) steel construction. Coated in protective black powder coating.
- Blade comes sharpened. A final edge may be applied for an even sharper razor edge.
- High carbon steel has extreme durability, resistance to chipping, easy sharpening and high edge retention.
|Manufacturer:||Whole Earth Supply|
|Brand:||Whole Earth Supply|
|Publisher:||Whole Earth Supply|
|Studio:||Whole Earth Supply|
|Item Weight:||0.08 pounds|
|Package Weight:||0.44 pounds|
|Package Size:||2.25 x 0.25 x 0.25 inches|